Call for Nominations: PWIAS Board of Trustees
Get the full story at:
The Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies (PWIAS) invites nominations for UBC Faculty candidates to serve as UBC Presidential and UBC Foundation appointees to its Board of Trustees.
PWIAS is seeking nominations from the UBC academic community with a particular focus on constituencies and disciplines that have been traditionally underrepresented.
The deadline for nominations is December 4, 2020.
- Commitment to the goals and principles that govern University-based Institutes for Advanced Studies
- Leadership in articulating and upholding the values underlying the pursuit of advanced studies
- Engagement with the global scholarly community
- Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinarity
- Experience with best-practice governance principles as defined and actualized by diverse communities of scholarship
- Knowledge of principles that enhance equity, representation, and respect (e.g. OCAP principles, critical social responsibility, and anti-racist frameworks)
- Understanding of the nature of fiduciary obligations of an Endowment Trustee in university settings
- History of maintaining respectful, inclusive working environment with academic and non-academic community members while facilitating discussions inclusive of dissenting views and opinions
- Integrity and ability to work within complex ethical frameworks
Eligible individuals may be nominated by UBC Faculty members. Please consider the Nomination Critera and submit the following information by email to president.staff(at)ubc.ca by December 4, 2020:
- The full name of your nominee and their affiliated UBC Faculty and Department(s)
- The nominee's contact information
- A brief summary stating why you believe this person to be a good candidate
Selected nominees will be invited to submit a CV and a short statement of interest by December 18, 2020.
- Deadline for nominations: December 4, 2020
- Deadline for nominee applications: December 18, 2020
- Interviews: December 21 and 22, 2020
- Appointments announced: January 2021
- Appointees begin: February 2021