Incoming Wall Scholars selected
Get the full story at:
The Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies is pleased to announce that, after a rigorous review process, the following UBC scholars have been selected as Peter Wall Institute Wall Scholars for 2015-2016.
The Institute’s Wall Scholars Research Award is available to UBC Faculty members to spend one year in residence at the Peter Wall Institute in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment. The award selection is based primarily on the candidate’s scholarly achievements, excellence in research proposal for innovative research during residency, and the initiatives proposed for contributing to the intellectual life of the Institute. The selection committee also takes into account the candidate’s demonstrated commitment to research outside usual disciplinary boundaries. Scholars are provided with shared office space at the Peter Wall Institute and $20,000 in funding. The term of the appointment for this year’s awardees will be from August 1, 2015 to July 31, 2016.
The 2015 Wall Scholars Award recipients are:
- Jinhua Chen, Professor, Asian Studies
- Sean Crowe, Assistant Professor, Microbiology & Immunology and Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences
- Christopher Harley, Associate Professor, Zoology
- Peter Klein, Associate Professor, Journalism
- Renisa Mawani, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Shaylih Muehlmann, Associate Professor, Anthropology
- Alireza Nojeh, Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mary O’Connor, Assistant Professor, Zoology
- Wendy Roth, Associate Professor, Sociology
- James Stewart, Assistant Professor, Law
- Philippe Tortell, Associate Professor, Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences and Botany
- Vikramaditya Yadav, Assistant Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Please join us in congratulating these UBC scholars on this important award.