Systems Change: Envisioning a Canada Beyond Prohibition
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema
149 West Hastings Street
- Registration: https://changethesystem.eventbrite.com
Imagine a future where people have access to a safe and regulated supply of substances. Join us for a free public forum on new models for drug policy grounded in compassion, human rights, and public health.
Moderated by Garth Mullins, activist, award-winning broadcaster and member of the Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users.
• Steve Rolles, Senior Policy Analyst, Transform Drug Policy Foundation (UK)
• Akwasi Owusu-Bempah, Professor, Sociology, University of Toronto
• Suzanne Fraser, Professor, Public Health, Curtin University (Australia)
• Zara Snapp, Co-founder, Instituto RIA (Mexico)
This event is co-sponsored by the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies, BCCDC Foundation for Public Health, the Community Action Initiative, and SFU’s Vancity Office of Community Engagement.
The event is organized by the Canadian Drug Policy Coalition and the University of British Columbia’s School of Nursing.