At present, he is involved in the following research topics:
- Ultrafast electron dynamics in High-Tc superconductors
- Non-equilibrium superconductivity
- Electronic properties of strongly correlated systems
- Photo-induced phase transitions in metal oxides
- Time-resolved optical spectroscopy
- Electronic and optical properties at the nanoscale
He is local responsible and coordinator of the experimental activities of the EU FP7 2010 project: GO FAST(Governing ultrafast the conductivity of correlated materials), started in April 2012.
He collaborates to various international research projects. In particular, he is effectively collaborating with Prof. Fulvio Parmigiani, Università degli Studi di Trieste; Prof. A. Damascelli, University of British Columbia (CA); Prof. M. Greven, University of Minnesota (USA); and Prof. Dirk van der Marel, Université de Genève, for the study of non-equilibrium superconductivity in high-Tc superconductors.