Patrice L. (Tamar) Weiss
Department of Occupational Therapy, University of Haifa, Israel
Research in the Laboratory for Innovations in Rehabilitation Technologyfocuses on a number of complementary topics:
- Novel computer access interfaces that will enable individuals with severe physical disabilities to use their residual motor abilities in more efficient and less fatiguing ways.
- Virtual Reality (VR) as a training and treatment tool for the rehabilitation of individuals with severe physical disabilities.
- Use of speech and non-speech audio to convey information normally displayed visually on a computer screen.
- Videoconferencing for hospitalized children and the effects of telerobotics and telepresence.
- The Internet and online learning for teaching health care professionals at the university and continuing education.
- Quantitative computerized evaluation of normal and dysgraphic handwriting.