Stephen Graham is an academic and author who researches cities and urban life. He is Professor of Cities and Society at the Global Urban Research Unit and is based in Newcastle University's School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape.
Professor Graham has a background in Geography, Planning and the Sociology of Technology. His research centres, in particular, on:
* Vertical aspects of cities and urban life
* Links between cities, technology and infrastructure
* Urban aspects of surveillance
* The mediation of urban life by digital technologies; and
* Links between security, militarisation and urban life.
Writing, publishing and lecturing across many countries and a variety of disciplines, Professor Graham has been Visiting Professor at MIT and NYU, amongst other institutions. The author, editor or co-author of seven major books, his work has been translated into eighteen languages.