Are you trying to organize a meeting with scholars who will partner with you for a CFI grant, a SSHRC Partnership Grant, to access some of the Canada First Research Excellence Funds, but you don't know where to meet? The Peter Wall Institute may have the answer for you: The Institute provides support to UBC faculty in need of a workshop venue to meet and discuss potential collaborative research projects, themes, and research funding proposals involving multiple academic disciplines and faculties.
Theme Development Workshops often lead to Peter Wall Institute International Research Roundtable applications or provide the opportunity for participants to explore a research question, methods and plan to develop a proposal for other funding programs, such as the Canada First Research Excellence Funds, Canadian Foundation for Innovation funds, or other major collaborative research funding opportunities.
- A meeting venue at the Peter Wall Institute for a period of up to 4 hours.
- A modest budget for light refreshments for up to 15 participants (max $700).
Proposals are accepted at anytime throughout the year. Please submit your proposal to NationalPrograms@pwias.ubc.ca. The Institute will fund up to 15 proposals per year. Please submit your application at minimum one month prior to your proposed workshop date.
- Your project title
- A proposed date for the workshop
- A tentative list of UBC scholars committed to participating
- Explanation of how the workshop will meet the Institute's goals of excellence and innovation in research across multiple disciplines
- The name of the funding agency and program to which the developed proposal will be submitted