International Research Roundtables
This program is under review. We are not accepting new applications at this time.
The International Research Roundtables Program provides an opportunity for UBC faculty to host two to three day workshops that explore unique themes, generate the foundation for innovative scholarship, and seek important advances in science and society. Roundtables convene scholars, students, community leaders, artists and policy makers from around the world to promote research excellence and catalyze collaboration.
International Research Roundtables bring together interdisciplinary scholars, and non-academic participants to encourage new perspectives, and draw on knowledge and evidence from multiple disciplines to generate policy recommendations, and potential opportunities for future research activity.
The Institute provides up to $45,000 and meeting space to support an International Research Roundtable. Eligible expenses include travel and accommodation for international participants, meeting coordination, catering and event costs.
- Canadian and international scholars are eligible to apply; however, one principal investigator must be a UBC faculty member who will be responsible for administering the award.
- Preference will be given to proposals that aim to advance research knowledge in relation to pandemics and their broader societal implications.
- The Research Roundtable must offer a unique opportunity for collaboration among scholars of diverse disciplines, and draw on knowledge and evidence from multiple perspectives.
- Roundtables must propose specific outcomes with expected timelines for completion.
- Outcomes may include new opportunities for collaborative research and joint publications for submission to academic journals.
- Other outcomes can include digital forms of communications, such as videos and online seminars, aimed at engaging decision makers at different levels of government.
The application window for the International Research Roundtables Program is currently closed.
Please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for information on future program calls.
For further information, please contact: Program Manager, at: internationalprograms(at)pwias.ubc.ca