PWIAS Interim Director Joins UBC COP27 Delegation
September 27, 2022
Dr. Vanessa Andreotti joins UBC’s largest ever delegation of 10 students, faculty, and staff attending the 27th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP27) in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, this November.
UBC delegates to COP27
The successful applicants include four students, one staff, and five faculty members.
- Abul Bashar Rahman, Bachelor of International Economics, Faculty of Arts
- Bernard Perley, Director of the Institute for Critical Indigenous Studies
- Colin Wilson, Director of Research and Industrial Partnerships, School of Engineering
- Farah Shroff, Adjunct Professor, Family Practice and School of Population and Public Health
- Gideon Berry, MEng student, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Rudri Bhatt, PhD student, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability
- Shannon Waters, Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Population and Public Health
- Simon Donner, Professor, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability / Geography / Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries (IOF), member of Net Zero Advisory Body
- Vanessa Andreotti, Professor, Educational Studies, Faculty of Education; Interim Director of the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies
- Veronica Relano, PhD student, Oceans and Fisheries and 2022 Wall Catalyst Fellow